Friday, July 8, 2011

Irrelevant


At the moment, this is the final entry in my "Through Kid's Eyes" series that I thought of during last week's church service. I do have two other comics from the same brainstorming session, but they are not based on misunderstandings by children. On each, I had the idea of the misunderstood word, but I needed to find the final hook to end the comic. For example, my note for this strip was "Oh, he said irrelevant, not elephant." From there, I needed to build up to the revelation of the concept, the explanation during the correction, and a final pithy comment from either the Dad or the child. Today's last twist came from the child. I also chose to use panel two in each of the Through Kid's Eyes cartoons for a no-words imagining of what the child was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment